Open 7 Days
What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns, or caps as they are sometimes referred to, are a common dental treatment for damaged teeth. They are generally longer lasting than dental veneers but also a little less conservative, requiring reduction of the original tooth surface.
However, the finished result can be a very natural-looking tooth or teeth that improve both appearance and function.
By booking a full dental checkup with us we can assess your suitability for crowns and check the health of your teeth and gums.
Advantages of Dental Crowns
There are a number of reasons why crowns may be used:
- To support teeth that have large fillings and very little natural tooth left
- To restore the appearance and function of badly broken or decayed teeth
- To protect teeth which are cracked or fractured
- To strengthen and protect a tooth following root canal treatment
- To improve the appearance of teeth with severe dental problems (and where veneers are not suitable)
Considerations for Crowns
Having a dental crown fitted may require a reduction of your original tooth structure and it’s important to realise that once this tooth is cut away it can never grow back. Dental veneers require only a small fraction of tooth to be removed but veneers are not as strong as crowns and may need to be replaced sooner.
Book your appointment at K1 Dental, Melbourne.
We understand how important it is to make the right decision about your teeth. As part of our service offering dental crowns in Melbourne, we take the time to offer you a full consultation of all the treatments that are available to you along with answering any questions and concerns you have.